4797 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Error in testing WMI ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Error in testing WMI ?

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know what to expect or to verufy when performing the Test WMI ?

because I only get the following result for all options on the newly installed WBEM provider:

[See attached]

Thanks.

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Error in testing WMI ?

Did you set a subscription for where the server should send the events to? Should be the SIM server. This can be done from SIM. You need write rights in the WMI stack, a local admin should be more thanmore than enough or a configured user that has wmi rights.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Andrew,

My login to the server is local administrator and domain admins.

There is no configured SIM server yet.
I don't know where to configure the subscription.
Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

There are two methodes, both done from the SIM interface. You can choose your systems that your to set the subscription for and then select Configure > Repair option from the menu. The first screen has an option to set a wbem subscription, remember that you need credentials to set the subscription for your destination servers. The second option can be found under the menu option Options> Events, here you can also create a sheduled task that will create a subscription for say the collection Servers. The advantage to this is when you run this every week/day that you don't have to set this by hand every time a new server gets adder to your SIM server.
Kind regards,

Andrew