Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752802 Members
5312 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Event ID 1182 Foundation Agent: A Change in the health status of the server has occurred.

BERT_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Event ID 1182 Foundation Agent: A Change in the health status of the server has occurred.

Hello.

Again my earlier reply:

On a hp support call I got the advice, to respect the max allowed support pack, esp. for older server models and os releases. Newer agents may cause problems on this systems!

Within VCA from Insight Homepage you can see on "reference support pack"  the last supported version.

I did so and all is running fine.

mbrownnyc
Advisor

BERT_1:  Is the "reference support pack" not dynamic according to the version available to the VCA from the Version Control Repository Manager, but has nothing to do with the server model number or the OS version?\

There is no Version Control Repository Manager server here.

BERT_1
Occasional Advisor

We manage about 60 phys servers and use a zentral VC repository for hp-sim.

In this constellation the "reference supportpack" seems to be dynamic according to model and installed os version.

Otherwise I give you the advice to take a look on the hp support matrix or check with a call to hp support.

Getting "only informational" entries in system eventlog is just harmless, but malfunctions on controllers are no fun.

MaxSys
Occasional Advisor

Having this same issue on DL360 G4's and ML110 G7's (Running Server 2008 x64).

I'll just try to keep them all on outdated software for a while longer I guess.

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

I ran SPP 2012 on windows 2003r2 32 bit  servers  and I too see my logs filled every 2 second with this 1182  event

so its not just 64 bit installs

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

As I said in the above post  I ran SPP 2012

I have checked (as recommendaed in one of these ealrier  posts)  the Reference support pack   it currenlty says  8.70   so when  I selectthat version  after finishin that it goes back to the installed software page  and there are namy itens that  have newer versions listed under "latest version"  areyou saying  ishouls stay clars of those and alwasy just use whats listed in the Support pack Verison column??

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
BERT_1
Occasional Advisor

HP support says: Check info text of each item if it is according to your server model and os, - or check by a support request.

I am confused for myself what may and what must be done...

Imho i think it is a good plan to update to the allowed level in general and do further (corrective) updates only on verified troubles.

MaxSys
Occasional Advisor

Official Response from HP Support:

This issue is reproduced in our internal lab and has already been escalated to our development team.   We are working on a Customer Advisory to document this issue as it is effecting many customers.  A formal fix has been submitted to the 9.20 version of agents that are slated to be released in August 2012.

The workaround is to reinstall the management agents v 9.0.
If you are not willing to downgrade to 9.0 another workaround would be to disable the HOST INFORMATION sub-agent in the Control Panel applet, which will eliminate the three events from occurring on each polling cycle (default polling cycle for snmp is every 2 min).  If you are also running wbem providers this alternative workaround will not disrupt your hardware monitoring.  However, if you are only monitoring these servers by means of snmp this alternative workaround is not recommended as snmp hardware monitoring depends on the host sub-agent.

mbrownnyc
Advisor

thanks.
matiasfortinero

Hi, Is there any news about the fix for this issue?

Thanks

Matias