Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752676 Members
5960 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Filtering the Subnet scan result to only display Physical servers not VMs ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Filtering the Subnet scan result to only display Physical servers not VMs ?

People,

Using HP SIM v7.4 (+ May Hotfix),

How to configure HP SIM so that after the IP scan result from a whole subnet, it only shows the HP Physical servers only not the Virtual Machine running Windows ?

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

You need to set a kind of credentials for these servers like a Windows Domain Admin like account. Are your Virtuals located on an ESX server ? Then you should discover these ESX servers and by default the virtuals also get discovered. But why would you want to have virtuals in SIM. Sim is at is't best for hardware monitoring. If SIM is your only monitoring i can understand but otherwise....

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Yes, somehow when I do the initial scan using the subnet range, it also picks up the VM which I do not need to monitor.

Is there any way to exclude the VM or any server that is not physical HP servers ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Sure,

Click in SIM to Options, Discovery and select Configure general setting. Here you can see serveral options like Automaticly discover VM guest(s) when the host is identified. ( this could be the first option). If you discover ranges this option would not work and you need to scrool down to the Enable discovery filters option. Here you could try the Limit discovery to systems wich meet the following criteria : Manageble systems with HP agents only. 

This should stop virtuals without agent(s) to be added. It would have been nice if the was a subtype for virtual servers but i don't see such an option so this would be the next best thing.

Kind regards,

Andrew