6202 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Bios version number comparation

BigHPUser
Advisor

HP Bios version number comparation

Hi

I use HP SIM 7.4 Update 1 and I have used it to updates a lot of my servers to the latest SPP 2015.04

After installing all the updates using HP SIM, for some of them, they still show as not up-to-date (orange exclamation mark) even if the VCA on the target server show that it is up-to-date. The compononnent that seem to not be up-to-date is the BIOS P67

It seem like I have 3 versions installed which are shown as

P67 05/05/2011

P67 02/18/2010

P67 07/02/2013

and it compare it to the Support Pack Version which is

I have try to run these command from HP SIM on the target server

Identify Server

Data Collection

Hardware status polling

Software status polling

Also I have run HP SUM on the SPP iso (online and offline) on the server and it tells me that my server is compliant to the SPP

I have this problem on

1 Proliant DL380 G7

1 Proliant DL360 G6

As anyone seen this behavior before and know how to fix it ?

Thank you very much for your help

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you delete one system, readd it agsin? Then wait for the datacollection to complete and add a baseline.do you still see double entries? Also onecthing i see that you have the same error i have, the correct bios displays as wrong because of the date format dd/mm/yyyyy or yyyy/mm/dd.

Kind regards,

Andrew
BigHPUser
Advisor

I remove the server and it's ilo

I rediscover the server and the ilo

I did a data collection

add the baseline

did a software polling

and the same thing show up

you said you have the same error as I do. Did you find any solution for this problem ?

Any other suggestion to fix this are welcome.

Thank you

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I'll check tomorrow. I've had problems with the data format, i gues you could edit the xml that discribes the baseline bug i found this a bit to much trouble. I've also tried a clean install that didn't work either. Do you use WBEM or SNMP for datacollection?
Kind regards,

Andrew
BigHPUser
Advisor

I use SNMP on my microsoft servers

I have 2 servers that this problem at the moment

I have seen it before on others servers but I don't know how it disapear after a while ...  but on those 2 it stay like that for a least 1-2 weeks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

I've seen that if the datacollection setting is set to append you can get old and new datacollection information in your database. If the object is removed all datacollection info is also deleted. If you would run a discovery a datacollection should collect the latest data like bios info.

You could try a datacollection with WBEM  information and compare is to the baseline. Then run the same discovery with  SNMP credentials after you deleted the system once again to see if you get different info or fields order. Also check the dstacollection report to see if you see the multi list for the bios with different versions. Was youf setup an upgrade? I ask this because i had problems with the buildin reports after updates. 

Kind regards,

Andrew
BigHPUser
Advisor

Hi

When I do the data collection I always select the option

"Overwrite existing data set"

I have try to delete the server and rediscover it but the bad bios version is still displayed

When I do the data collection I don't have the choise for wbem or snmp, can you tell me how to do it using wbem instead of snmp ?

Also my installation is a clean one I did couple of days ago with an all clean and almost empty database. So it's not form an upgrade of HP SIM.

BigHPUser
Advisor

you were right

Switching to WBEM instead of SNMP fix the problem

With WBEM the BIOS version is only display once and with the right version number

thank you

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I do hate these kind of bugs. But then again finding them can be a challenge but working around them can be just a challenge.
Kind regards,

Andrew