1753830 Members
9382 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProCurve 2530 Switch and HP SIM - SNMP Traps - Unregistered Events

k1m573r

HP ProCurve 2530 Switch and HP SIM - SNMP Traps - Unregistered Events

Hi all,

I have configured HP SIM (version 7.4.0) to receive traps from our ProCurve 2530 switches, however, whenever a trap is sent, it is sent as an "Unregistered Event".

How do I get HP SIM to work interpret the HP ProCurve 2530 traps correctly? I figured the trap receiver was HP software and the switches are made by HP, all would work fine!

The message about MIBs states that:

A genericUnregistered trap signifies that a system has sent a trap to the management server for a MIB that has not yet been compiled. Try compiling any MIBs from the vendor for this system to obtain additional information. See Details for more information.

So I'm guessing there may be files out there that I can import into HP SIM to make this work, but I am unsure where to start. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,

Kim
1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ProCurve 2530 Switch and HP SIM - SNMP Traps - Unregistered Events

Hello there,

Download the mib(s) from the HP. Website, i've taken aan quick look but have not found a mib specific for that switch but perhaps there is a general mib you can use. Mib is the command line tool you need. More info on using this command can be found here http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/mxhelp/mxportal/en/useTools_mib_register.html
Kind regards,

Andrew