Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752292 Members
4677 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.1.1 stops sending email alerts every couple of days.

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

HP SIM 7.1.1 stops sending email alerts every couple of days.

It seems ever since I installed the hotfix 7.1.1 on  SIM 7.1 I have to reboot HP sim server every couple of days.  For some reason email alerts just stop going out.  After I reboot the server, email alerts start going out again.

4 REPLIES 4
Mathew Kohnen
Advisor

Re: HP SIM 7.1.1 stops sending email alerts every couple of days.

I am having the same problem with HP SIM 6.2

This started recently without happening before

The messages under task status are all pending

I can still do a test message from the SIM

I've recreated the automatic event

I've tried switching mail servers but it continues to occur

Sander-A
Advisor

From my experience the snmp service eventually becomes clogged and won't recognize new traps. If you look in events the non-snmp events work, but snmp events stopp working and using snmputil you can see the system isn't recieving new traps.

If you stop the trap services then recycle the insight manager service it starts working again.

You can see the build up in winsnmpadapter.log file. No matter how few traps you send it it eventually gets such a large backlog it just blows up.

Please check if this is the same issue on your servers because its something I've been trying to resolve for a while.

Mathew Kohnen
Advisor

Thank you. I am getting events. I found now looking into the taks resuklts on my email is some events are skipped as old and the SQL server is pegging to 100%. I haven't found much on this yet but I am trying different thing. Please let me know if anyone else has found a fixed to this

Mathew Kohnen
Advisor

The problem is resolved.

I removed some collections from events and I broke my "all-systems" automatic event handling into smaller tasks  It was all systems / all events. I made up 4 tasks all-systems-critical events, all-systems-major events etc It mad a big difference in the SQL process CPU utilization