Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753474 Members
4699 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 7.5 Discovery Fails due to XML Connection Timeout against G3 Chassis running FW 4.5

BenKevan
Visitor

HP SIM 7.5 Discovery Fails due to XML Connection Timeout against G3 Chassis running FW 4.5

I have an issue while discovering a G3 chassis running OA FW 4.50. The issue appears to be the length of time it takes to run the XML discovery (50 seconds) whereas another chassis running 3.71 completes the same discovery within 2 - 4 seconds. 

The maximum connection timeout allowed for  HTTP connection is 10 which isn't high enough to get the XML dump. 

Right now our only option is to remove both OAs and the OA sleeve as a first step to troubleshooting but wanted to know if anyone else had similar issues? 

2 REPLIES 2
BenKevan
Visitor

Re: HP SIM 7.5 Discovery Fails due to XML Connection Timeout against G3 Chassis running FW 4.5

Try this again.. I typed a nice long reply but I guess my session timed out. 

I got it to work by downgrading the OA to 4.22. Here's when the issue was seen: 

• Removed chassis from VCEM (since it's going to be migrated to a new SIM + VCEM)
  • Upgraded OA FW from 3.71 to 4.30
  • Attempted discovery on new SIM (7.5) and it failed
  • Noticed the XML Reply view was taking a very long time to come back (50 seconds)
  • Upgraded OA FW from 4.30 to 4.50 
  • Attempted discovery on new SIM (7.5) and it failed
  • Attempted discovery on previous SIM (7.0) and it failed
  • Noticed the Chasis Linked Box on pain chassis page was slow to come up on this specific chassis
  • Downgraded OA FW From 4.50 to 4.22
  • Notcied chassis linked box was fast and came up immediately
  • Noticed XML Reply view was back to expected time of ~3 seconds
  • Attempted discovery on new SIM (7.5) and it succeeded

I haven't yet re-upgraded the OA FW to 4.30 or 4.50. When I do I suspect that the upgrade from 3.71 direct to 4.30 is the issue and not the actual 4.30 or 4.50 firmware. 

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Did you try to update an other OA to see if the problem also exists on an other OA ?

Kind regards,

Andrew