7079 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 7.6 installation

christian_derek
Regular Advisor

HP SIM 7.6 installation

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my hp sim to version 7.6, but for some reason the install blow up.  I tried reinstalling but it was saying that I need to remove before installing it again, this message is at the Select Installation type.  When I go and try to run the uninstall, I get a message that I need to run the program from start menu -> programs -> HPE insight management.  If I run this uninstall, it sits there for ever.

Is there a way to uninstall or force a reinstall.  I think I'm stock between the upgrade process.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You need to uninstall the folowing :

Hp Systems Insight Manager, the other can remain as they are only supporting software.  The Insight Management is the agent for the server itself not SIM.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Loic31
Occasional Advisor

yes, my account is local administrator and UAC is disabled.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

So how did the uninstall and reinstall go then ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Loic31
Occasional Advisor

It's a fresh install on a new windows server 2016.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

So you tried to update SIM 7.x to 7.6 and the install failed, if you look at the Add Remove Software is HP Systems Insight Manager still listed? The software should be installed by default in C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager. Was the SQL local or remote ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

So you got 2 questions running and both are yours ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
christian_derek
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I think somebody else have the same problem.  Answering your questions, yes the software still show in add/remove program.  But, no way to uninstall.

Thanks,

pwcnzit
Occasional Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I ended up adding a reg entry that allowed you to reinstall HP SIM. I posted in another question, but if you look in the hpsim.icf file theres one there thats near th etop talking about allowing reinstallation. set the registry key an dyou shoul db egood to go.

Seems 7.6 is quite buggy