1753936 Members
9851 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM Issues and IRS

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

HP SIM Issues and IRS

I'm new to HP SIM and i've found a few issues, if you know the answer to any of these issues

1. I have a command view eva server on a Virtual machine which looks after 4 evas. I have the EVA's showing in SIM. But i've had a fault on 1 of the EVAs today, and had no events appear in SIM for the failed disk. So how do i make SIM report these faults?

2. The VM listed above doesn't have WBEM as its a VM and doesn't have SMH installed, do i need these to fix teh issue above?

3. I have IRS installed on the same server as HP SIM, but everything i have which is 34 discovered shows as red. I'm not sure why the show as failed, any ideas?

4. everything lists as serial numbers in IRS. Is there a way of manually assigning a name to each one?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you want to receive events from SIM it needs to receive events, just polling the objects in SIM won't give events.

I'm not well known into IRS but i think you need to configure your EVA to send traps to the SIM server.

Operating systems need to be discovered so start there and use an account that is admin on the servers you want to discover.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

When you say i need to recieve alerts, how do i go about doing that. Do you mean on the EVA i need to go to Event monitoring service? as I can see that wont let me, as it says ssh must be greater than or equal to 1.0.

Or should i be doing this to the SMA which finds the EVA's?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

As i don't use IRS im not sure but i would think that you can configure to receive snmp traps from your EVA to your SIM  server.

Kind regards,

Andrew