Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751720 Members
5719 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM, Linux & clearing the Insight Manager Logs

John Widera

HP SIM, Linux & clearing the Insight Manager Logs

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this issue, and that there's a simple resolution:
We have a RHEL 3 AS installation on a DL380 G3. We installed the latest PSP, and we've been able to get the HP SIM management server to communicate with this machine. However, when we go to the Systems Management Homepage (via the managment server or a local web browser) and navigate to the Insight Manager Log (IML) page, we can't clear the logs. The radio button to do so is missing-it doesn't even show up in the web page. Has anyone else seen this and (more importantly) how can we correct this?
Thanks in advance...
1 REPLY 1
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM, Linux & clearing the Insight Manager Logs

I don't want to go over anything you may have already tried but you didn't mention this so I thought I would post it. There are two big possible things that might interfere with this and they are posted as notes at the bottom of the IML log page, I have copied and pasted them here, perhaps they will help.

NOTE: The ability to modify the Integrated Management Log may be disabled because you are not logged in with administrator privileges. Click login to log in.

NOTE: The ability to modify the Integrated Management Log may be disabled because SNMP sets are disabled in the HP Insight Management Agents. Please refer to the HP Insight Management Agents User's Guide for information on enabling SNMP sets.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?