108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM Web Page

SOLVED
Go to solution
cjefferson218
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM Web Page

Currently I have multiple HP tools installed. one of those is HP SIM. On each server with an agent there is also an HP System Management Homepage that is getting flagged as a problem during audits. Can this service be turned off without causing the SIM agent to not work? Anyone know how to turn it off so it is no longer going to show up in security audits?

Thanks
Cliff

5 REPLIES 5
shocko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes the System Management Homepage on the target servers does not need to be running for SIM to work. You can disable the service in the services applet (same name :)). Out of curiosity, are you being flagged for use of port 2301???

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
cjefferson218
Frequent Advisor

We are being flagged for various things, 2301 is one of them as is 2381.. I am trying to shut it down on one server to see if that resolved the issues, but I am not having any luck finding the actual service you mentioned. Any tips?

Thanks a lot.

shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Assuming Windows it's in the services applet which can be launched via

• Start -> Run -> Services.msc

Look for the service called HP System Management Homepage. If its a *Nix system post back and I'll give you additional instructions.

cjefferson218
Frequent Advisor

I also need to shut the homepage down on some Linux servers what process should I follow for that?

shocko
Honored Contributor

On ESX it would be as follows methinks:

• service  hpsmhd stop
  • chkconfig hpsmhd off