108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM show unknow cluster error G7

BigHPUser
Advisor

HP SIM show unknow cluster error G7

Hi

I have a ProLiant DL380 G7 server that is manage by HP SIM

It show major error in the column Health Status (HS) and the Manager Processor (MP)

When I click on the server everything looks fine (in green)

It says these is an error in Management Processor Status

When I look at the ilo item in HP SIM and I put my mouse over the Healt Status it says there is SNMP Passtrough: Cluster There is a server problem that is degrading functionnality

The problem is that I don't see the problem, everything seem fine in the cluster and I don't know what this flag is refering to

I have try to clear all entry in the IML of the ilo

I have try to delete and rediscover the ilo and the server in HP SIM

I have try to identify server, collect data and, polling software and hardware status

same result

Can anyone help me put my server back in a healthy status ?

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

So all resources, cluster nodes, netwerk adapters and teaming are ok├й?

Usualy it's one of these that give problems. Be sure to switch between WBEM and SNMP as a datasource from the System management homepage as Some errors only showup when the SNMP datasource is selected. You can switch this if the SNMP agents are installed and SNMP is configured.
Kind regards,

Andrew
BigHPUser
Advisor

Hi

Thank you for the answer

I double check  and the 2 nodes in the cluster are OK, all the ressources and network teaming are also ok

I Also checked in the SMH and the Data source is set to WBEM I guess I should not change that

Any other tips ?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Yes you should leave the settings on WBEM as this is the best supported protocol for Windows servers, i just meant that if you have SNMP agents installed they could be the cause of your error. So if installed switch to SNMP to see if the error came from there. In the end switch back to WBEM as your protocol.

Did you check the cluster monitor bit in SIM to see what SIM thinks is wrong, so not from the agent but from SIM if you look at the resources of the discovered cluster. The command for this check :
Select Tools>System Information>Cluster Monitor.

On the Cluster Monitor page, expand the Cluster Tree to reveal the MSCS status icon beneath the cluster of interest.

Click the MSCS link. This link is only available at the cluster level, so it appears above the nodes in the tree.

The MSCS data displays in the Data Viewer window.
Kind regards,

Andrew
BigHPUser
Advisor

I do not have any item for the cluster itself

I only monitor the servers

If I check the node that is displaying an error, I do not have this choice in the menu

Tools>System Information>Cluster Monitor.

Do I need to have this cluster item to do this check ? If so how can I add it to the list of systems

Thank you

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You would need credentials on the cluster so it can read the cluster service. With these rights you can rescan the nodes and you will get the cluster information. Perhaps then you can see what SIM things is wrong.
Kind regards,

Andrew
JoostdeHeer
Advisor

Check the integrated management log (Logs - Integrated Management Log). When using WBEM, errors in the log won't show up in the homepage, but will show up in SNMP scanning.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you want to clear these events start the Hp PRoliant Integrated Management Log viewer and clear the events.

Kind regards,

Andrew