1753663 Members
5496 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

HPSIM upgrade 6.0 recovers my Insight DB version 5.3 DB

Enzo Genuardi
Advisor

HPSIM upgrade 6.0 recovers my Insight DB version 5.3 DB

I had a HP Insight System Insight Manager 5.3 installed in April 2010, fully configured with about 2500 devices with some organized by Location and Rack and a lot of "Discovery filters" and "Automatic Event Handling".
I followed the procedure described into the Chapter 6 â "Upgrading Systems Insight Manager" from the HP Systems Insight Manager 6.0- Installation and Configuration Guide for Microsoft Windows.
But after installation, all data where lost and the wizard ask me about the configuration!

Is there any way to recover such informationâ s, specially knowing that the old database seems to be still coherent, but not used into the directory:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data
Any known method to change the HPSIM config for that it uses the old one instead of a new empty one?
1 REPLY 1
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Re: HPSIM upgrade 6.0 recovers my Insight DB version 5.3 DB

You can adjust which database HPSIM uses in the database.props config file. This file is normally located in the C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config directory.

Open it and change/check these settings:
- hp.Database.databaseName
- hp.Database.hostName
- hp.Database.instance
- hp.Database.portNumber
- hp.Database.username

I don't know if using a SIM 5.3 db with a SIM 6.0 installation is going to work well, but it's worth trying..

If you want to completely go back to hpsim 5.3, I suggest you take these steps:
- backup db
- remove sim 6.0
- install sim 5.3
- link the new 5.3 installation to your old 5.3 db