5674 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hardware Polling List for non-servers

Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Hardware Polling List for non-servers

Hi all,

A few of my non-server systems were not getting polled for Hardware Status because they had not automatically been added to the Polling List for that task. Shouldn't this happen upon device discovery?

Thanks,
- Steve
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Hardware Polling List for non-servers

Are you saying that new Servers are not appearing in the Server Status Polling List as used by the task?

The Hardwrae Polling is split into Servers and non-servers, if the devices had not been correctly identified they would not be in this list, but should therefore appear in the non-server list.
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Sorry - let me be more specific. The device (which is an HP tape library) was correctly identified as a "Storage Device" when it was discovered, but it does not appear in the "Non Server Status Polling List."

Thanks,
- Steve
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

So this thread has been lying fallow for a few days, and I thought I'd see if anyone has more information. Is this a bug in SIM? Is there any way to edit the system lists in the "System Functions" category in order to correct for errors such as this?

Thanks,
- Steve
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You can create a custom polling task for your tape library by going to Options-->Polling-->Hardware Status Polling and have it go against a custom list that has the devices (even a list naming the tape library itself) anc scheduling it accordingly.

Additionally, go to Logs-->All Scheduled
Tasks and select the non-server polling task and choose the [Edit] button. You can change the targets list (the custom list that this goes against).
gavrilenkov
Advisor

where edit sheets for example - "Server Status Polling List"