Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752689 Members
5366 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to configure HP SIM to send out email alert only for server C:\ drive capacity above 80% ful

Server-Support
Super Advisor

How to configure HP SIM to send out email alert only for server C:\ drive capacity above 80% full ?

Hi Folks,

I've managed to configure HP SIM v7.4 in my data center and have included the IP subnets to scan all servers.

How can I create email alert so that when some servers reaching 80% C:\ or any other disk drive I can get email alert ?

I need to know the steps since I got confused here.

Thanks,

Best regards,
10 REPLIES 10
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure HP SIM to send out email alert only for server C:\ drive capacity above 80% ful

Hello,

The first thing would be if you only want these kind of events is to create a collection for the events you want to receive.
When you have saved this collection to the public collection list you can create an automatic event handeler that Will forward the events in this collection you created. If you want to get email you need to configure the SNMP settings under the option menu, here you will also fi d the create event handeling task. The collection can be created on the left part of the SIM interface under collections, be sure to save it under the public folder because by default collections get saved in your private folder. If you delete your user it would also delete the collection.

Is this enough to get you started? If not let me know what it is that you miss.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Andrew,

Most or all of my servers has been configured with HP agents running on WBEM not SNMP, so can I still get the drive alert notification ?

is there any manual book for this steps ?

Thanks for the reply back. 

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Help again,

For WBEM agents you need to set WBEM subscription for the servers you want the event for this is done from SIM. I've created an shedule for all servers to set a WBEM subscription once a week. You can set this from the option menu and shedule the job to run once a week. I'm sorry to say that the manuals provided by HP are not the clearest i've ever seen. But with help from this forum you should manage. Search this forum and for any other questions don't hesitate to ask. If you don't know or can't find the create subscription option, you can also run a repair on your servers. One of the optioneel is to set just these options. I could tell you the exact menu options but i'm out of the office for a while.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification.

Somehow I still confused with the terms and the menu of where to click and set without causing damage or unwanted mass outage which is quite risky.

But yes I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Did you set the treshhold on the disks on the servers you want the events on?

You can set these from SIM, first select the servers you want to set the treshhold on then from the SIM menu stelt options then select Disk treshhold, you need Java on the server/workstation you opende the SIM webinterface on to set these
Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Ok does this means I will need to revisit each servers and then set the threshold or everything can be pulled by HP SIM in every servers automatically ?
Best regards,
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Pardon me, because I'm still confused where to start in HP SIM server.
Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

No, you select your servers by hand or save a collection containing the servers you want to set a treshold for. Then select your servers and go to configure from the SIM menu, select Disk treshold and choose your criticals, resets and poll interfall for the group of servers you just made earlier.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Andrew,

I've configured the SMTP and tested the email sucessfully.

I also created the new tasks through "Automatic Event Handling - Manage Tasks" but somehow it doesn't send out email immediately when there are some critical issue detected or listed in HP SIM, the Last Run status is still at Never.

Best regards,