Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753479 Members
5003 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to configure HP SIM v7.5 to monitor network appliance up time using PING ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

How to configure HP SIM v7.5 to monitor network appliance up time using PING ?

People

How can I configure HP SIM v7.5 to perform ping test for a specific set of IP address only ?

I just need to be notified if the ping test is failed through email alert so that I can be made aware for the outage for that appliance using that IP.

Thanks,

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure HP SIM v7.5 to monitor network appliance up time using PING ?

Hello,

The thing is that SIM work with events/trapsand not so for ping sweeps. By default SIM will create events for reachable/unreachable objects in SIM. For this specific type of events you can create a filter of events only containing the reachable/unreachable events. These are located under System Insight Manager Events. With this filter of events in combination of the collection of the objects you want to check you can create a Automatic Event Handling entry under Options > Events > Automatic Event Handling > New Task. Here you follow the steps.

Name the Taskname - PingCheck > Next

Select events collecion - choose the collection of events you need (choose use event attributes the i will specify) > Next

Where event type is Systems Insight Manager Events > select Reachable and Unreachable > Next.

Now select the collection that contains the objects that you want te receive the up/down events from > Next

Now select the Send e-mail option and fill in the email properties and if you want a time window.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. So where can I create a custom collection for the list of IP in HP SIM v7.5 ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Sure,

Go to Systems and Event Collection and click the Customize link.

Here you can Create a new Collection of objects that are added to SIM.

Click New > Choose members individualy or if you have a common atribute type switch and select the objects.

Save the collecion in the Shared folder structure and use that collection. You can also create collection of events.

But for this specific type of event there would only be 2 unique events so i did not create a collection for just two event types.

Kind regards,

Andrew