1752308 Members
5392 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

MIB Update Failure Messages, SIM 6.2

suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

MIB Update Failure Messages, SIM 6.2

Last week, I tried to compile and register the latest VMware MIBs into my SIM 6.2 installation. Apparently the operation was not successful because I’ve started getting a set of 12 error messages “MIB Update Failure and “Start MIB Import” (samples below) several times a day.

I unregistered the VMware MIBs and rebooted the CMS but I continue to get the error messages. Does anyone know how to make them stop?
Thanks!

McZ19

Sample messages:

Event Name: MIB Update Failure
URL: https://MyCMS:2381/
Event originator: MyCMS
Event Severity: Informational
Event received: 22-Dec-2010, 13:15:49
Event description: A Failure occurred during a MIB Update

CFG Imported: VMWARE-VMINFO-MIB.cfg

Event Name: Start MIB Import
URL: https://MyCMS:2381/
Event originator: MyCMS
Event Severity: Informational
Event received: 22-Dec-2010, 13:15:49
Event description: Starting MIB Update

CFG being Imported: VMWARE-VC-EVENT-MIB.cfg

7 REPLIES 7
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: MIB Update Failure Messages, SIM 6.2

Hi Suzan,

By default, if an event is received which applies to a MIB which is not registered, the event will be discarded. Receipt of unregistered events can be enabled from Options ô Events ô Event Filter.

If your MIB is not register sucessfully or You want to unregister MIB use mxmib command.
e.g
mxmib -d Unregisters a MIB, , from the HP Systems Insight Manager database.

if you want to disable this event use --#ENABLE false

Please refer to MIB guide for more info.
http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/simsnmp.pdf

Also Event that you are recieving is informational which can be ignored.

hope this helps,
aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

Aftab - Thanks for getting back to me. The problem MIBs have already been unregistered so I don't believe your additional comments on the -#ENABLE flag and ignoring the event apply. Even after unregistering the MIBs, I'm continuing to get several hundred "MIB Update Failure" "Start MIB Import" messages a day, in spite of the fact that the MIBS are unregistered, deleted, and the SIM server has been rebooted.

S.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Suzan,

you may always verify using the command shared earlier whether MIBs are sucessfully unregistered from the HP SIM.

You can stop unregistered events inside SIM under options-> Events-> Events filter settings disable accept unregistered events.

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

Aftab- The MIBs are indeed successfully unregistered and unregistered events are already disabled in SIM.

s.
Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Suzan,

I tried to import this mib and it is not giving any issues. This is not MIBKIT related issue. From SIM side it is working fine.

Thanks,
Arunav
suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the update. After multiple reboots, the messages finally stopped. I will go ahead and close this item.
suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

After multiple reboots of the SIM server, the messages finally went away.