1748156 Members
3974 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Migrating from Insight Manager 7 to HP Systems Insight Manager whitepaper

Jarrod Kline
Advisor

Migrating from Insight Manager 7 to HP Systems Insight Manager whitepaper

I am having trouble figuring out how to do a remote migration to a new server. The documentation is not very clear on this section. I cannot find the Migrating from Insight Manager 7 to HP Systems Insight Manager whitepaper anywhere. The user guide suggests reading Migrating from Insight Manager 7 to HP Systems Insight Manager whitepaper for more info. Any ideas where this is? It is not in the HP SIM 4.1 info lbrary where it should be.

At any rate in order to do a remote migration do I have to install HP SIM 4.1 on my IM 7 2.3 server? Then run the migration tools from my current IM server during the post install process of HP SIM 4.1? Again this is for a remote install not an "In Place." I have HP SIM 4.1 setup on a new server and was never prompted to import data from my old server as I thought I would be. Please help. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Jarrod Kline
Advisor

Hope this helps someone else. I spent the day picking through various documentation. I downloaded HP SIM 4.1 and extracted it's contents to a new folder. I found reference to DMT (Data Migration Tool)in some of the text based readmes, but no reference as where to find it. After digging a bit and looking for *DMT* I discovered that HP has this utility called dmtshell.exe

No where in the docu have I found proper reference to dmtshell.exe. Perhaps the user guide, in refernce to the migration portion should be updated with procedures rather than hints. Thanks
Mark Schwengels

Here is a link to the documentation. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the installation guide. It explains fairly well how to do an upgrade.
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/techsupport.html#install

You have to run the tool on the CIM7 server to export or create the user-data.dmt file. Then install SIM4.1 on new server after install copy the export file from CIM7 server to new server and then you run the migration tool on SIM 4.1 server and point to the export file.

Good Luck
Mark