Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753562 Members
5954 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No traps send when disk threshold exceeded

Klaus Rasmussen

No traps send when disk threshold exceeded

Until service is restarted I get no traps i Insight Manager 7 / no trap is send when a disk threshold is exceeded. Sending test traps works ok. When service is restartet a trap is send once the first time the thresholds is exceeded, but after a "clear event" no further traps is send/received next time the threshold is exceeded
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: No traps send when disk threshold exceeded

If the disk usage has not dropped back below the threshold then no further alerts will be sent.

Alerts are sent again if the Agents get restarted.

I run a report against the IM Database to report on Servers with disks that have crossed the set threshold.
Klaus Rasmussen

Thanks for your reply.

In this case I get no trap even if the disk has been cleaned up below thr threshold. Test traps work ok, but a new crossing of the disk threshold does not result in a nes trap until the service is restartet.

Any ideas?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

When a threshold is crossed it should generate an Event.
You should see this in the IM Events for the Server.

You should also see an Event in the System Events Log against the Foundation Agents.

If you're not seeing these, then it indicates that the Agent is not picking up that a threshold was crossed.

If you're seeing these on the Server, but they're not making it to IM, then it indicates that the SNMP Trap is not getting to the IM Server.
Klaus Rasmussen

The event is generated alright, but the trap is only getting to the IM server the first time the threshold is crossed.

After I have cleaned up deleting some files and cleared the event on the server, I do not get a new event on the IM server the next time the threshold is crossed, unless I restart the services or sets a new threshold value.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Klaus,

After you have cleared some space and then filled it up again, do you get any Events generated at the Server end?

e.g. Anything in the Event log or IM Agent Events for the Server.

I'm trying to determine if anything is being generated at the problem Server end, leaving the IM Server out of it at the moment.

Klaus Rasmussen

After clearing up space and filling it again no events are generated in the eventlog on the server or on the IM server. It seems the problem is on the server.

After restarting agent services or changing and saving the threshold events are generated at the server as well on the IM server, first time the threshold is crossed.