1753427 Members
4929 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem adding new Insight Management license files

sirettn
Occasional Visitor

Problem adding new Insight Management license files

While following the stated instructions for HP SIM 7.5.0 - Windows (build C.07.05.00.00r75rc01) : copy key to server/Deploy/License Manager/Add Licenses/Specify Path/Process ... After clicking Process I receive Msg from webpage:

"Unknown file processing error. Cause: the browser provided file processor has found an error and cannot continue. Check path and file content for correctness."

The path and file content are correct. HP SIM is installed on Server 2012 R2 and using IE 11. Same error using Firefox 43.0.4 . HPSIM is set as trusted etc., in both browsers. Have previously added licenses this way. Also tried to (re)install an old existing key to verify if the new keys were of wrong type etc., but rec'd same message. Not errors in basic Windows logs. Tried installing from different paths.

Is it Friday afternoon and I am missing something obvious or are there more sinister problems afoot?

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Neff

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem adding new Insight Management license files

Hello,

Is that the HP SIM licence or an other like ILO or an other type of agent?

I normaly add licenses in the GUI, is this SIM  or insight control?

Kind regards,

Andrew
sirettn
Occasional Visitor

Andrew

I am trying to add iLO license keys using the Insight Control gui.

Thanks

Neff

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,
I always type the keys by hand but never had a file to upload. Did you follow the info in this pdf link ?
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/erp/Insight_Control_License_Instructions_with_Server_Deployment.pdf
Kind regards,

Andrew