1752430 Members
5796 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem getting SNMPV3 traps from DataDomain DD880

Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Problem getting SNMPV3 traps from DataDomain DD880

I'm having difficulty recieving SNMP traps from the DatasDomain DD880 to the HP-SIM CMS Server.  HP-SIM Version is V7.5.

So far I have configured all the SNMPv3 usernames and passphases on the Data Domain and HP-SIM for the system.  I have downloaded the DataDomain MIB directly from the DataDomain.  I ran mcompile and mxmib to addf the MIB to HP-SIM.  I have configured a Manasged System Type for the DD880 using the MIB I downloaded.  I even sent as far as doing what one post suggested in setting the Java SNMP Recioever to be true in glbalsettings.prop. When I discover the DataDomain it identifies it successfully with no errors.

After all of this I test the triggering of an event by removing the power cord from one of the redundant power supplies.  It triggers an email to the list of email reciepeints on the DataDomain but nothing to HP-SIM.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Phil;

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
3 REPLIES 3
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

I have found a symptom of what may be the problem but I am not sure how to resolve it.  In the mxdomainmanager.0 log file after SIM comoletes it's startup it attempts to start JBoss.  I get the following error repeated continuosly.  See the file attafched.  For some reason it won't let me paste into the reply box here.

After researching it appears that it may be a propblem with the Java Machine that JBoss is using is running out of memory.  How do I increase the memory on this?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Can and have you configured SNMP traps to the SIM server?
Kind regards,

Andrew
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Andrew,

After calling HP Support they directed me to a procedure in the HP-SIM V7.5 users guide.  That was the one step I missed.  I had the SNMP Trap service running on the HP-SIM server and since I was using the Jasva SNMP Trap Service that HP provides, it needed to be turned off.  If it is turned on that is whatr causes the error I was seeing in the log files.  If it is on, it will ointercept the traps before the Java Trap service that performs the SNMPv3 processing gets the trap.

Once I turned the Microsoft Trap Service off and disbled it, shutdown and started up HP-SIM evernthing worked perfectly.  It's always the little things that trip you up.  Anyways, the problem is solved.

Phil