1752762 Members
4929 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem updating servers through HP SIM

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Problem updating servers through HP SIM

I have a VCRM setup on on HP SIM 7.5 server. and its setup to just have the latest spp from oct 2015. I can connect a VCA to this VCRM and i can update packages if run the update through the system VCA / VCRM.

I appear to have this worknig on HP SIM, as in the SW colum has a orange exclamation mark for the server, and when i click on it i can see that it needs updates. But when i try to run it through HP SIM it fails, am i doing something wrong?

I've attached some screenshots to help with diagnosis

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

How did you try to update your server? The update should be done with HPSUM this is included in HP SIM. What options did you select and is there a log for the installation?

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Andrew,

I've tried doing the update through HP SIM itself. So i click the SW icon on the server, then select update to baseline as the VCRM only has the last SPP loaded in it.

Then on the next screen i try a run now, i've tried select install if VCA not present, or fail if the install if VCA is not present, but all updates seem to fail.

So are you saying you manually open HP SUM and then push the updates through that. If so do you use HP SUM on the VCRM server? Which in my case is also the HP SIM server.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You can either run HPSUM localy on the server you want to update but preferred is to have a server that has the binaries run HPSUM and to do a remote update. You can also do a scripted (silent) install from a deploy tool if you have any.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

So you don't run through hp sim. So is it just in hp sim to let you know it's out of date?

Do you install hp sum on the sim server and just run it through that?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

You can run HPSUM in a gui mode on any server to update that server or a remote one. You can also script HPSUM  in CLI mode silent on any server if you got a deploy tool that lets you run scripts on your server like Altiris.

Kind regards,

Andrew