4984 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems with HP SIM 7.3 and iLo agentless monitoring

Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Problems with HP SIM 7.3 and iLo agentless monitoring

Hi,

I noticed this problem not so long time ago when I updated my SIM to 7.3 version and when enabled agentless monitoring in ilo settings (Proliant DL 380p Gen8). After I did this I constantly get the following messages right after I enable agentless monitoring and configure traps destination:

Event Name: (SNMP) Health Status Array Change occurred (11020)

URL:

Event originator: ged1-esx

Event Severity: Informational

Event received: 20-Oct-2014, 08:49:25

Event description: A change in the cpqHoMibHealthStatusArray has occurred.

How can I fix this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with HP SIM 7.3 and iLo agentless monitoring

What version of the agent do you use ?

This is a known issue. You can try a never ESX agent or disable these events in SIM.

The second option you would have to configure in de MIBS. The disadvantage to this is that if you run a MIB update you would have to set this setting again as the mibs will get overwritten. The second solution you should try first as that is the real solution and the second is a fix. For the second option you log into SIM go Options >Events> SNMP Trap Setting.

Select he cpqhost.mib undr Mib name, Select cpqHoMibHealthStatusArrayChangeTrap and set Enable Trap Handling to No.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,

I use HP customised ESXi 5.1 update 2 installation with the latest vibs from HP depot. What ESX agent do you have in mind?

I do understand that I can skip on handling snmp alerts. But I saw you another reply in another thread about that if I configure HP SIM in such way alerts stay in traps folder. Could you tell me more about these folder?:)

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Please look in the other post for my answer.
Kind regards,

Andrew
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

I get these as well, but since they are informational, I just ignore them.  I only send emails/alerts on major/critical and some warning conditions for drive arrays, so they are basically hidden unless someone looks at the server's event table specifically.

bkeegan
Occasional Contributor

I was getting these - SIM was constantly emailing me because I had it email warnings.

I think the fix ended up being to update the management agent. At the time the management agent was 9.1 and updating to a newer version resolved the issue.

Maybe this is your issue.