108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 7.2.2 Really??

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

SIM 7.2.2 Really??

I'm still fighting the issue that it would seem that no one who reads these posts here can address "There was a problem with your request..." , so I decided to install SIM 7.2.2 and the install is telling me "The same version of this component is currently installed...SIMinstall.JPG "About SIM" shows a build version of C.07.07.00.00  with hofixes 1 thru 10 installed.

Is 7.2.2 an actual update? I'm thinking not.     Grrrr....

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello David,

The version you want is downloadable by using the link below.

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=IMDVD

Here you can download the update, it installs the same version of Sim, vcrm, smh and pegasus WMI as the 7.2.0 version and all fotfixes even the september fixes. When the installer finishes it writes a reg file under localmachine\software\hp\

That says it is the 7.2.2 version. Strangly the 7.2.2 version is not downloadable though the normsl hp sim page.

This page still states that the 7.2.2 version will be downloadable early october. But sadly today is november 1st.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Andrew, thanks for the link. I was able to install 7.2.2 and I have given Kudos. Unfortunatly it did not resolve the original issue of the CMS and the VCRM not being able to communicate with each other. Out of shear desperation, I have opened a case with HP, and after a week I received an email indicating that it has been passed to the next service tier.

We shall see.....

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again David,

Did you select the VCRM in SIM? When you install or update sim and the VCRM separate from each other. You have to choose your VCRM server from the pulldownmenu under deploy. Here you choose software firmware baseline. Here select your default repoditory. I had an issue here my only VCRM was no longer selected. I selected the server and all worked fine again. Other option can be uninstall sim and VCRM and run the installer again. But only as a last resort......

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew