1754021 Members
7658 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Notifications - Server Back Online

Matt Brown_4
Occasional Contributor

Server Notifications - Server Back Online

I have been able to set up Notifications to alert me when I have a server go down (Critical Events). However, I do not get a notification if the server comes back online. I know that in CIM 5.5 you had the option of receiving notifications upon the server coming back up. This is a great feature when you are woke up at 3 in the morning and have to log into your VPN to find out about the status of a server. Can someone please find me a work around? Or, am I just missing the button to do this?
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If you click on the Server and get to the Device Home Page and then click the Events Tab you'll see what events are generated.

Three events are typically generated when a Server restarts, Cold Start, Link Up and Server reachable. You could generate a notification based on any of those.

The System Is Reachable Event is under the Systems Insight Manager Category.
Matt Brown_4
Occasional Contributor

Perfect, thank you, answered my question. Just wish it was a little easier than that. But hey, if it works it works. I will never complain.
Jeff Doe
Advisor

Actually a very easy way to set this up is to create a event, one with your current "critcal" and then also add in "normal" to that same event. I've been using this setup for months now and it works great.