4775 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Systems Insight Manager 7.4 - Nothing but problems installing

motorman
Occasional Visitor

Systems Insight Manager 7.4 - Nothing but problems installing

Hey Guys,

I am having a tonne of problems setting up a new instance of SIM and VCEM.

When I install SIM it can then not be contacted for the rest of the install and fails to install VCEM and everything else.

I cannot login to the console after this install. Service is started but it is not listening on port 280. Keep scoming up in event log:

Could not open all web server ports, check for port conflicts, eg port 280, 50000, 50001, or 50002

There are no port conflicts and firewall is not running.

Install details:

Win 2012 R2 HyperV Image

Local SQL Express DB

I have reinstalled 3 times now with slightly different options and makes no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Systems Insight Manager 7.4 - Nothing but problems installing

Do you have a install log ? Could you post that ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
motorman
Occasional Visitor

Where is that located?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

I've looked for the location of the logfile but have not found it yet. I would imagine in the installer folder but i am not sure. For the port 280 that only forwards you to the 50000 port for https connecton. If you use netstat you can check if something is listening on that port. There is alsdo a switch option that tells you wich exe file is used for that.

There should also be a proces that you can see in your taskmanager, it is called mxdomain something. This should be the running service for HP SIM that you should also see in the services.msc. There also is a logfile in the SIM installer folder under logs. That is also called mxdomainmgr.log. If you restart the service the newly created log should give you more info o the problem or post that log here so we can have a lookm
Kind regards,

Andrew