5696 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The agent does not trust the HP Systems Insight Manager server

Owen Loughran
Advisor

The agent does not trust the HP Systems Insight Manager server

Hi folks,

i have Insight Manager V7.5 running when i try running some tasks i get this "The agent does not trust the HP Systems Insight Manager server or the agent is not running. Establish a trust relationship or make sure that the agent is started." how do i do this & what is the quickest/best way to do it...?

i've tried creating a trust on 1 server then replicating it round to the other servers but i get "agent does not trust HP Systems Insight Server"

any help would be great thanks

Owen.

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you want to run a replicate you need to have a trust, so that won't work for this problem. You should run a repair and only set the Trust option when you selected your servers with a trust issue. For this to work you need logon credentials on the destination servers. So first select your Windows servers do a repair with the selected servers with the Set trust option and give WIndows credentials for the repair. Then when done select your Linux servers and do the same and give your Linux credentials. If you have an ESX server most of them don't have a SMH so they don't need a trust. 

Do you know where to find the Repair option ? It's in the same menu pulldown as the replicate.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Owen Loughran
Advisor

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply, when i do the repair for the trust the only option i have is for a certificate trust which i selected but it failed,  am i missing something i have found using previous versions setting the trust by certificate can be funny so i usually do it by named server.

thanks

Owen.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

did you use a credential set that works for that server ? Is it a Windows server? What is the error ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Owen Loughran
Advisor

Andrew,

when i run the task it says failed, yes the servers are all windows servers.

thanks

Owen.

Owen Loughran
Advisor

andrew basically what i want to do is set disk thresholds, but i can't if the agent does not accept the request, it has actually completed on more server now so something has changed.

insight error.JPG

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

It could either of the following things:

Old versions of the SMH software, then try to update and compare versions.

Firewall between the servers or firewalls on the destination servers.

Sim can use 3 certificates, 1024, 2048 or 4096 bits, some versions of SMH only accept the 1024 (older) versions.

What is the error on the failing trust job and is your repair account on the target servers?

i believe port 445 is used for repairs, so also look for that.

Kind regards,

Andrew