Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752590 Members
2776 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference WBEM - Windows - EVA

SOLVED
Go to solution
AZayed
Super Advisor

There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference WBEM - Windows - EVA

Dears, 

Good morning, 

I need your help, I have an issue monitoring HP EVA using WBEM. The HP CV is installed on Win 2008 R2 server. WBEM is listening to 5989 port. I see HP SIM is monitoring the HP CV server over SNMP and receiving EVA traps from that server. 

EVA8400-HO-SERVER.png

Also, another record inside HP SIM for EVA but I have "There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference". How I can find out the problem and solve it.

EVA8400-HO WBEM.png

Thanks a lot. 

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference WBEM - Windows - EVA

Help,

You did click the status detail link?
If you click on that or the system and then the WBEM details there should be a hint what's wrong.
Kind regards,

Andrew
AZayed
Super Advisor

Re: There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference WBEM - Windows - EVA

Hi, 

Thanks for your replay. 

This is wat I get when clicking on details. 

Where I can find more details about this issue. 

Thanks 

EVA HO.png

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you look under tools and links do you slso see credentials? And are there credentials you filled in?

Kind regards,

Andrew
AZayed
Super Advisor

Hi, 

It seems the problem was not solved, after few hours it return to old status. Is this normal why I'm not reciving event over wbem and still receiving events by EVA host over SNMP ? 

Thanks 

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I had the same issues with adding an EVA. In the end i installed Insight remote support on the command view server and set it up to use SNMP traps to send to HP SIM. This then shows what the faults were on the EVA. 

Also you need to install something called ELMC (Event Log Monitoring Collector) on the command view server which collects the alerts from command view and then forwards it to IRS.

Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Where is the download for the ELMC?  Is that included in the  IRS installation?

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.