4054 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrade to HP SIM 7.4 question

Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Upgrade to HP SIM 7.4 question

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade to HP SIM 7.4 not so long time ago, but noticed that Installation and Configuration Guide says that SQL 2008 is not supported at all:/ Is that true??? Because Quick Specs says that such SQL servers are supported:/ I think that it is a little drastic to leave only SQL 2012 support in HP SIM 7.4. Does anyone have HP SIM 7.4 on SQL 2008 Sp3?

11 REPLIES 11
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you read the quick specs pdf it says 2012 and 2008. However if you run into problems with the 2008 SQL setup HP  will tell you that 2008 can work but there are no garanties. I've got a case open with HP support about this. I will reply on this post to let you know on any new information. I agree with you that if they only support 2012 they've got a serious problem..

Kind regards,

Andrew
Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,

Please post additional info when you'll have this info. Strangest part that only quick specs say that SQl 2008 supported.

Release notes say that SQL 2008 was depreciated, configuration and installation guide says nothing about SQL 2008 support and support matrix also says that SQL 2008 is not supported:(

I do not understand why were SQL 2008 and 2008 R2 so easily killed:(

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you read the PDF you would also read that Windows 2008 R2 also is depreciatie for the CMS. I've also informed the support engineer about this rather extreme change. More info as i receive it.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,

Is there any info from HP regarding SQL 2008 support?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

The case is still open, i guess the question is a bit harder to answer. I willl update the information as soon a i get it. The other question i asked then was if the 4 security fixes in 7.4 SIM would become available for the 7.2 and 7.3 SIM version. I'm still waiting on both question.

Kind regards,

Andrew
HPSIM-AMG
Regular Visitor

Hello guys, This discussion is interesting for me. We use HPSIM 7.2 and I'm also wondering to upgrade to 7.4. Andrew : Did you get any answer from HP concerning the choice of the SQl Server version ?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Yes i got an answer from HP, SQL 2008 is supported, if you read the newer PDF's you can read it is now supported. You can ignore the unsupported version of SQL warning and go ahead with your installation.

Kind regards,

Andrew
HPSIM-AMG
Regular Visitor

Thx Andrew.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

OK, what about installing it on Windows Server 2008 R2 ? is that supported or will be deprecated soon ?

Best regards,