6844 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA and Smart Array Firmware

S.Cooper
Advisor

VCA and Smart Array Firmware

Hello,

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else and I've missed it.

I recently pushed out support pack 8.40 (containing VCA 6.1.0.841) and shortly afterwards noticed that both the hard disk firmware status and Smart Array firmware status were no longer listed in the VCA.

I noticed that there was an advisory regarding a fix in 6.1.0.842 which allows drive firmware to be listed again, and I can confirm this worked when I installed this version on my test systems, however the controller firmware is still not listed. I confirmed that by removing 6.1.0.842 and going back to 2.2.2.835 both drive and controller firmware is listed.

Is this a known issue awaiting a fix or am I missing a patch?

Cheers

Steve
4 REPLIES 4
S.Cooper
Advisor

Obviously I fail at using the search function as there is a similar post 9 below this one.
Torben Holm
Advisor

Hi.

The same here...I have no Smart Array firmware listing either

Torben
S.Cooper
Advisor

Hi Torben,

I'm not sure how everybody else handled this but I removed 6.1.0.842, created a reference support pack with the old VCA and went back to version 2.2.2.835.

Not had a problem with it, though it would be nice if the next version of the VCA was fixed.

Cheers

Steve
Torben Holm
Advisor

Hi.

In my opinion HP should get these strange errors fixed ASAP. It is a simple bug so i cant understand that a new version of VCA doesnt get released at once.

Especially when we are receiving a lot of critical warnings on firmware that should be updated immediately on ours systems.

Torben