1751832 Members
5361 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCA connecting VCRM

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

VCA connecting VCRM

I'm trying to set up VCRM, and i have installed VCRM on my HP SIM server, and ive now installed the VCA on the same server as well. And to start you need to configure the vca to the VCRM. But it doesn't mater if i type the server name, localhost etc, and i just geta  message saying unable to connect to VCRM. Even though its on the same server. Am I doing something wrong?

14 REPLIES 14
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

what are the credentials you used for connecting to the VCRM?

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

i was just using the local adminsitrator account.

Should i not be?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Andrew,

Just to add to that, i've just tried logging as my domain admin account, but still unable to connect to the vcrm on the same server. Should i be putting the server name in full, or should localhost work?

Or should i not need the VCA on the same server as the VCRM and HP SIM?

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You can use the SIM/VCRM and VCA all on the same server this should be no problem. I've also got that combination of packages on the SIM server and i works just fine. Could you post a screenshot of your settings and error you get ?

What version of VCRM ,VCA and SMH do you use ? This could be the problem if the VCA is older it can't connect to the SMH to in it's place connect to the VCRM. The SMH could be higher that the VCA then you can run into problems.

A combination that works is:

VCA : 7.3.4

SMH: 7.4.0

VCRM:7.4.1

There are more combinations that work but at least keep the VCA on the same or higher version than SMH.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Andrew,

Where can i email you more details?

When i go to the HP Version Control Agent, this is what i see on the first screen, which shows my error plus it shows the versions you were after

Software Status

Overall Software Status: Status cannot be calculated because a Version Control Repository Manager has not been named. Click on change settings to specify a Version Control Repository Manager.

Installed Software

Name Installed Version
HP Version Control Repository Manager 7.3.0.0

HP Version Control Agent for Windows x64 7.3.4.0

HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64 7.3.3.1

lsi_sas.sys 1.34.3.82

Compaq System ROM 2013.07.30

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Just to confirm, i'm currently using smi 7.3 on this server, but i'm looking to upgrade soon

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you want to mail more info you can select the user you want send the message to in this forum. You can now send a private message from the right Side of the screen by clicking send private message.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I looked at the VCA version, this is the latest version so you should be able to connect to your VCRM. The error you post says the repository is not named so i could think of resolving but then the localhost should work. Could you post or email the error screen ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

This is the error i get