1748287 Members
3203 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCRM Repository with OS Component files

vaadadmin
Occasional Contributor

VCRM Repository with OS Component files

Why does the repository download rpm and scexe files when I only want Windows components.  I check my settings and I only have Windows servers checked in the download settings.  The repository will download components from Linux and Windows client machines as well.  Can this be stopped as it uses a lot of space and my thinking is it will be much faster without all the extra components in the directory.

Maybe they are needed, just not sure.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Did you configure the VCRM to download all Operating Systems? You can make a selection wich OS you need.
If you connect the the SMH of the server that hosts the VCRM and click on the Version Control Repository Manager. You get a screen like the attached screen. Click on Change repository & update settings, here you can change the location of your repository. If you click next you can select the Operating Systems that you whish to download files for. If you selected all options you will get all update. I deselected all option and then downloaden the SPP's i needed an unpacked the files in de repository directory. When you do this you have to manualy upload your updates, the upside to this is that you get complete control over what gets uploaded to the repository.

Let us know if you need more help.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
vaadadmin
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response.  Yes I select one OS on that screen and yet it still brings down scexe and rpm files.  I have resorted to manual download of the SPP that I need.