108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCRM now untrusted after updating SMH

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

VCRM now untrusted after updating SMH

My SIM server is virtual, but I believe requires SMH installed on it regardless (probably because VCRM uses it).  I updated SMH to the latest version (from HPE October Service Pack for Proliant) and now my VCRM shows as untrusted in SIM.  I have confirmed the cert from the SIM server is in the SMH security settings.

At the same time, all my servers in SIM when "BLUE" (unknown) for software status.  Prior to this breaking, I had 100% reporting of software status for all servers.  Now I have 100% unknown of all servers.  I can only assume at this time that when I updated SHM this broke the reporting of the software status, and I am guessing it might be related to VCRM is untrusted.

Does anyone know how to make VCRM trusted again?  As mentioned above, I have already confirmed the cert is in place in SMH.

Thanks

NK

2 REPLIES 2
n0kia
Valued Contributor

Try deleting all certs from SMH.

Use SIM > Configure> "Configure or repair agent"  to redeploy the SSO cert to itself and try again

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that earlier and it did not work.  I ended up uninstalling the new SMH and reinstalling the old version.  That seemed to have no affect so then I reinstalled the latest VCRM and let it run through the inventory.  Now this morning the VCRM is trusted and the software status is back to normal.

So I am not sure if it was the SMH or VCRM or both.  My guess is the new SMH is not compatible with VCRM yet.

NK