1752291 Members
4662 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Version Control Repository Account Steup

Daniel Penoff
Occasional Contributor

Version Control Repository Account Steup

I recently built a new HP-SIM server using the latest version (7.1) as supplied by HP.  While I didn't notice it during the setup, while configuring the Version Control Repository I realized that I cannot access or find a way to set up the account required for the VCAs to authenticate to the Version Control Repository server.

I have been able to populate the repository and download all of the components required, but nowhere can I find a place where I can set up or configure the account to access the repository by the version control agents.  I have scoured the documentation and found nothing there, either.

I attempted to re-run the installer, but there are no opportunities to configure the account in it from what I can see.

Can someone offer me some direction?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Insight Remote Support>general to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum- HP Forums Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Daniel Penoff
Occasional Contributor

Re: Version Control Repository Account Steup

As an update, I wanted to add that I created an account on the local machine (HPSIM server) and added it to the Administrator's group.  I attempted to configure a VCA using the account and it appears to have authenticated to the VCRM.

However, I did not get a choice of the proper software profile, but this may be due to the VCRM updating.

Dan