1753326 Members
4708 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Repository Manager 7.2.2 eats up all memory

Darren-Toll

Hi All,

It seems from the amount of posts that the system using Windows 2012 doesn't have problems anymore but anything earlier than that does.

I'm using Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise and using Repository version 7.4.0.0, the same thing for me, using all the memory it can.

I was having the same issue with the previous versions of Repository from v 7.2.2 onwards, but before that around v 7.2.0, it didnt do the same thing. I dont want to go backwards to fix this issue.

I noticed Pascal had an issue on Windows 2012 then upgrading fixed this issue, just wondering if anyone else using Windows 2012 is having the same issue or an upgrade fixed it ?

Does anyone have a solution at all ?

Cheers Darren.

Darren-Toll

Just to add further details, we have 3 HP SIM Repositories running, 1 of then has HP SIM installed on it and this is the one using all the memory.

Repository 1 - Version 7.4.0.0, HP SIM installed as well version 7.3.0.0, Physical host with Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, 16 GB memory installed, using 15.6 GB of memory.

Repository 2 - Version 7.3.0.0, doesn't have HP SIM installed, VM with Windows 2012 R2 Standard, 8 GB memory allocated, using 2.1 Gb only.

Repository 3 - Version 7.1.0.910, doesn't have HP SIM installed, VM with Windows 2008 R2 Standard, 4 GB memory allocated, using 1.78 Gb only.

Maybe I should separate the Repository from the SIM application for Repository 1 ?

Darren.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I also have a Windows 2008 R2 setup, when SPP'S where added the memory grew untill all memory is eaten up. If I reboot the problem stays resolved untill the next SPP upload, then i have to reboot. Not sure if the SMH or VCRM is the problem.

Kind regards,

Andrew
RussF
Occasional Contributor

I found a solution to this.  I'm running HP-SIM 7,3 update 2 on a windows 2008 R2 VM, 2 cores, 8 GB of RAM.  I found by running VCRM under a userid instead of localsystem appears to have resolv/////ed my issue.

JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

@RussF wrote:

I found a solution to this.  I'm running HP-SIM 7,3 update 2 on a windows 2008 R2 VM, 2 cores, 8 GB of RAM.  I found by running VCRM under a userid instead of localsystem appears to have resolv/////ed my issue.

I'm running VCRM 7.4.0 with a domain administrator user account in a Windows 2008R2 Enterprise server 8 cores and 64GB ram and cpqsrhmo.exe eats up all memory available as well.

HP SIM 7.4.0 is running in the same server.

It's not posible for us to have less than 3 baselines we can't update software as quick as HP recommend. Our servers are ruunning 24 hours a day and to update firmware and drivers means stop everything several hours and we can't afford that.

If anybody have a solution please send a msg.

Thanks.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you restart the server running the VCRM (does not need to be the SIm server) does that solve the memory leak ? That worked for me. Update the baseline reboot and all worked OK !

Kind regards,

Andrew
JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

@Andrew_Haak wrote:

Hello,

If you restart the server running the VCRM (does not need to be the SIm server) does that solve the memory leak ? That worked for me. Update the baseline reboot and all worked OK !

Andrew,

Thanks for your answer, but which baseline do you refer to? 

Best regards,

Javier

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

The baselines are SPPs and PSPs i've uploaded into the VCRM. The indexing seems to keep eating the memory of the server. When the SPPs and PSPs are uploaded i wait till the logging shows it's finished. Then i reboot the server where the VCRM is installed.(can be the SIM, but does not need to be)

Kind regards,

Andrew
JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

@Andrew_Haak wrote:

Hello there,

The baselines are SPPs and PSPs i've uploaded into the VCRM. The indexing seems to keep eating the memory of the server. When the SPPs and PSPs are uploaded i wait till the logging shows it's finished. Then i reboot the server where the VCRM is installed.(can be the SIM, but does not need to be)

Thanks andrew,

But I haven't uploaded any baseline since long ago.

The last SPP uploaded is 2014.09.0 and apparently is OK.

Best regards,

Javier

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

That's strange since i am running the exact same versions exept for the admin rights in the service.

Why do you have admin rights filled in for the service ??

Kind regards,

Andrew