2821 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Version Control Repository Manager 7.2.2 eats up all memory

Leo Plewa
Advisor

Version Control Repository Manager 7.2.2 eats up all memory

Hello,

after upgrading three sim servers to the latest 7.2.2 also the VCRM was updated to this version.

The SIM servers are virtual machines with 16 GB memory and 4 cpu running on Windows 2008 R2 SP1.

Two are running with a local sql installation because of less clients.

One has a remote sql DB.

Now on all three servers we see extremly memory usage for the VCRM, which was not observed with the older version 7.2.0.

The memory usage goes up to 15 GB memory, in conjunction with the mxdoaminmgr with about 1,8 GB memory absolute slow down of the server.

We are receiving such events:

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Resource-Exhaustion-Detector

Date:          09.12.2013 10:20:20

Event ID:      2004

Task Category: Resource Exhaustion Diagnosis Events

Level:         Warning

Keywords:      Events related to exhaustion of system commit limit (virtual memory).

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      sim-server

Description:

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: cpqsrhmo.exe (1228) consumed 15086669824 bytes, mxdomainmgr.exe (3084) consumed 1800044544 bytes, and mxdtf.exe (1500) consumed 219762688 bytes.

Because this behaviour is on three servers since the upgrade i fear we have a bug in the VCRM 7.2.2.

Restarting the VCRM takes also a tremendous time to finish.

What could be the reason for that?

30 REPLIES 30
Jürgen Büchs
Occasional Advisor

Re: Version Control Repository Manager 7.2.2 eats up all memory

We are running Version 7.3.0 with the same issue.
Environment also VM with 2008R2 SP1, 16 GB memory, 4 CPUs
DevilRay
Visitor

Did anyone found how to fix this issue ?. I also have same issue and running 7.3

Jürgen Büchs
Occasional Advisor

I've got the same problem with version 7.3.2 on a machine with 16 GB memory and 4 CPUs running Windows 2008 R2.

RemiO

Hello,

I've got the same problem with version 7.3.0, installed patchs 001 to 011, on a machine with 20 GB memory and 4 CPUs, running Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 SP2 (VM).

Yuanming29

We are running Version 7.3.4 with the same issue.
Environment is physical server with 2008R2 SP1, 12 GB memory, 4 CPUs

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Do you have the automatic download enabled? How many SPP's do you have loaded? I 've used the VCRM for many years and never had this problem. So perhaps it's that you have a lot of files in the VCRM, i use no more than 3 baselines.

My setup uses about 8 to 9 Gb max on a 12 Gb machine. You could try to disable the autodownload cleanup the directory and only unpack the SPP's you need in the VCRM directory. See how the memory usage evolves.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Pacool68

Hi,

I add the same issue with the VCRM (7.3.3) in windows 2012, and install the latest version 7.3.4, (Component: cp023741.exe) which solved the issue immediately.

Accessible on HP site: VCRM: Version:7.3.4.0 (20 Jun 2014) Fixes

Have fun the hunting season is open...

Pascal

Kostantin Pavlidis
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, but I cannot agree. We tried with VCRM 7.3.4 on all of our VCRMs (we have tried to split the load per region) and VCRM eats up all memory "just fine" on all of them (all HP Proliant DL360 G7 servers with Win2k8R2 and 8 or 16GB of RAM and 1or 2 Quadcore Intel CPUs)...unacceptable from my perspective.

In the end, we considered that VCRM is causing much more troubles than solving issues, so we decided to disable/ uninstall it. We are changing our policy to not installing any SPP components, unless absolutely necessary.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

We had the same problem when updating the VCRM the server memory is Eten up. The only thing that helped was reboot of the SIM server. That fixed it for us. If i don't reboot the System Management Homepage service Ests all of my 12 gb of memory.
Kind regards,

Andrew