Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748128 Members
3579 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Waiting for the HP Systems Insight Manager web server.

Daniel Woodhouse

Waiting for the HP Systems Insight Manager web server.

Hi there

I have been trying to install HP SIM 6.2. The install appears to finish with no problems. I restart the server and run the program and I get this message "Waiting for the HP Systems Insight Manager web server". There does not appear to be anything logged in the event viewer. Can anyone help me as to where to start looking for the problem?

I have it running on Server 2008 R2 64-bit, SQL Express 2005. I dont know if this has any effect but I also have WSUS running on the same server.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

16 REPLIES 16
LakshmiBN
Advisor

Re: Waiting for the HP Systems Insight Manager web server.

In new browser try https://localhost:50000
City_Blue
Super Advisor

is the service starting?

i had somthing simaler when the account used for sim got locked out
Daniel Woodhouse

I can get into it fine now thanks using the direct URL address.
LakshmiBN
Advisor

Points?
SkinnyT
Collector

I tried that link and still got nowhere. IE just say Internet Exploere cannot disaply the webpage.  Is anyone else still having this problem?

OCSupport

yep got the same issue... mine was working them on a scheduled reboot it just stopped... nothing in the event viewer.. great product

PeoplesChoiceCU

Anyone got an answer to this ?

HP SIM  (ver 7) WAS working..  now, nothing... waiting for HP Systems insightr web server.. :-(

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Typically if it was working and it isn't

Account lock is the usual suspect

When that popup comes up it is trying to access the database, if it can't access the db it'll just sit there until it times out.

What browser are you using?

CVBob
Frequent Visitor

I had a similar issue.  The HPSIM, OpenSSH and SQL Server had my account as the logon account when I installed HPSIM.  When I changed my password and when back to use HPSIM, it go the "Waiting for the HP Systems Insight Manager web server" error.  Use mxconfigrepo -c to check if DB has access.  I was getting access errors there too.  So,, I had to go back to each service and reset my password. Then, my account was embedded in the DB, so I had to run mxpassword -g to reset the password on the DB.  BTW, if you're running Win2K8, run cmd line as admin.  Also, give it about a minute to start up after you make the pw changes.