3429 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows Server 2012 R2 - Unknown

JustinLA
Occasional Visitor

Windows Server 2012 R2 - Unknown

Hello,

We have recently installed HP SIM 7.4 plus the latest hotfix. I have added the Read community string to all servers and created the various discovery tasks, including Sign-in credentials, SNMP string and WBEM details.

After completing the discovery, we see the following.

HP SIM has fully detected HP DL380 G6, G7 running Windows Server 2008 R2

HP SIM has fully detected HP DL380 G6, G7 & G8 Servers running ESXi

However

HP SIM reports unknown for all HP DL380 G8 Servers running Windows Server 2012 R2.

We have double checked the settings and now at lose as to why?

Any pointers/help appreciated

Regards

J

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows Server 2012 R2 - Unknown

Hello,

Since this is a gen8 server have you tried to use the Agentless Management Service agent in combination with the Ilo SNMP and agentless switch settings ?

If you need more pointers a to how go configure this you can either read posts in this forum or i can write it in the post, just let me know.

Kind regards,

Andrew
JustinLA
Occasional Visitor

Any pointers would be most helpful, thank you.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

First install the Agentless Management Service, below is the link for a Windows 2012 R2 OS : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5258668&swItemId=MTX_5130c84914c34c178d4a8a2f1c&swEnvOid=4168

When the software is installed you need to login to the ILO, go to the Administration  > Management menu option. Enable the Agentless Management option, Set the Read comunity, Trap Community and SNMP Alert Destination in the SNMP Settings field and click the Apply button. Now in the same screen under the SNMP Alerts select the OS Hostname if you want your alerts to be linked to the server instead of the ILO.

Now if you also aplied this option you should identify your ILO, as you now have SNMP as a new protocol for the ILO a Datacollection will start for the ILo and should add extra driver and firmware info to the server in SIM.

Kind regards,

Andrew