Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748104 Members
4597 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cannot logon to HP System Management Homepage v2.0.1.104

Andrew Booker_1

cannot logon to HP System Management Homepage v2.0.1.104

I cannot log onto the HP SM v2.0.1.104 - password appears to be invalid - how do i reset it from the server end. I tried under services HP System Management Homepage to change the logon as account to another, but that didn't work.

The prompt is ERROR - login failed

Any thoughts ?

Andrew
33 REPLIES 33
Matt Schneider

System Management queries the local user names and passwords. Just login with the local admin account....Took me a while to figure that one out.

Matt
CA1307634
Occasional Advisor

What if the server is a domain controller? There would be no local users available to login as.
philipverlinden

Seem to be having the same problem here, just installed an ML350 T04 from scratch, Login error :(
Matt Schneider

If its a domain controller I think you should be able to use the domain admin account...you know, the builtin administrator account. I imagine you could use any domain account so long as it has admin rights on that server.

I am currently confiruing the ILO and SM ports on all our HP servers, we have about 8 DCs that are all HPs too. Ill post what i find when i get to those.
CA1177227

Can someone from HP please answer this because it has been such a pain to get around this???

Cheers.
Sandhya_1
Super Advisor

Hi Valdemar,

The HP Forums is a peer-to-peer discussion area, where like-minded professionals gather to exchange knowledge, best practices, and experience. While HP does not guarantee an "HP response" in these forums, HP provides this tool as a means for customers to communicate on a peer-peer basis and also provides moderators to assist as necessary and as time allows.

If you have a particular issue with an HP product or service, you need to contact the appropriate HP group by going to http://www.hp.com and clicking on "contact hp". For more information about these Forums and you can refer to the following link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do

I hope this helps clarify the purpose of these forums.

Thanks,
Sandhya

Matt Schneider

Apparently my previous statement was partially right. On some servers we have reseting the local admin password works and it will let you login. And on some it doesnt do squat...

Also i have not gottent the "Delete CPQHMMD.ACL file and it should reset it" to work.

I think ive tried everything but a sledge hammer.

And i doubt im going to tear appart 42 servers just to reset the cmos battery.
CA1311368

Had the same problem on a DC. Use netbiosdomain\user with the admin account. Worked a treat for me.
Andrew Booker_1

I just tried netbiosdomain\username does not work for me.
thanks, Andrew