Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752689 Members
5291 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cannot logon to HP System Management Homepage v2.0.1.104

Gil Virtucio

Recently found a workaround on how to reset / recover the password for the HP System Management Homepage for servers that are running HTTP Server v5.94.0

Just go to the directory:
c:\compaq\wbem\homepage

Edit the following files :
- cpqhmmd.ini

AnonymousAccess=True
LocalSecurityAccess=true
SleepModeCheck=false

- cpqhmmdx.ini

LocalAccessEnabled=true
LocalAccessType=Administrator

Then restart the services of HP from the Services mmc console of windows (particularly the HP Insight Foundation Agent service)

Then try to open the manage homepage again. You should be able to access the site. Your browser will use the ADMINISTRATOR access by default.

Just dont forget that as soon as you are logged in change the password and revert the changes that you have made to the mentioned files. And restart the services again to ensure that youll restore the security settings.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------
Gil A. Virtucio
GSC Manila

I just tried the DOMAINNAME\USERNAME solution and it worked perfectly for me. Thanks for that solution
Mark S Burgess

In some circumstances (like one I've just tried on an ML310 G1 with PSP 7.91A), you need to be very specific with the domain and use the NETBIOS name, not fully qualify it. In this instance, this wasn't just a case of truncating something like '.local' from the domain name but actually looking up the correct NETBIOS name.

This was actually hinted at before but I thought I'd make that distinction here.

:)
DARRIN ARMBRUST

Thanks. It worked great for me.
Miles Morrison

Thanks Mark for the clarification (post on Dec 5, 2007). That got me in!
ger voeten_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: cannot logon to HP System Management Homepage v2.0.1.104 (but what in case of v6.0.0.96?????!)

After looking for sometime i found this really old post. Maybe someone has a solution for the more recent version of the HP System Management Homepage v6.0.0.96 ???

Dan_318
Visitor

Just to keep the knowledge going. I used a variation of the NETBIOS name suggestion. I noticed that the domain name I had chosen was truncated as a NETBIOS name due to its length. So I tried a couple variations until I got it right. For example:

examplebusinesstechs.com was truncasted to examplebusinesste

So I put in examplebusinesste\administrator and then the password and it worked fine.

What a pain! :) But with everyone here's help I figured it out.

Thanks.

QovAdmin

This worked for me! Thanks for the reply - on an AD domain controller, use login syntax DOMAINNAME\Administrator, then login using the AD domain password.  Problem solved!

Jithus

Use the Domain name (without (.)Dot)\Domain administrator name.

Ex: etisalat-uae.ae (domain name)

Server.etisalat-uae.ae (FQDN)

Use :    etisalat-uae\Administrator

GAKInformatika

Thanks for the thread! The netbios name worked for me. I'm using HP SMH v6.1.0.102 on Proliant ML350G4p with Windows Server 2008 R2 (set as Domain controller) and had the same problem.