1748195 Members
2673 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO has detected a controller interface error

fushigi
Advisor

iLO has detected a controller interface error

Was there ever any resolve to this issue? The box is DL385 running W2K3, VCA is 2.1.7.770 and iLO 1.91.

Remote Insight Agent: The Remote Insight Board/Integrated Lights-Out has detected a controller interface error.
[SNMP TRAP: 9006 in CPQSM2.MIB].

If this issue has been already resolved,then it would be much appreciated to redirect me to the link.-Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Re: iLO has detected a controller interface error

I have the same issue with some of the iLOs I manage but they are all green when I log on the agents.
WW57140

i have the same error and i don't know how to resolve it.
please inform me if any update about the solution just by mail.
thanks
Rancher
Honored Contributor

This was supposedly corrected but I don't think it ever was. What I did was to go into the SNMP trap settings in Insight Manager, found this trap and set the Enable Trap Setting to No.
MLHudson

I have this same issue too. My firmware is up to date and verified it today by trying to re-apply the firmware again.
I went into Insight Manager to see if I could disable the trap, but I do not see that trap even being in there???
So, did they have a fix for this???thanks!
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Here is how I Disabled that trap:
In Insight Manager, I went to Options, Events, SNMP Trap Settings.
At the top dropdown box that says Mib Name:
find cpqsm2.mib. Then at the drop down box that says Trap Name: find cpqSm2InterfaceError
After that, the Event type should read RemoteInsight/Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006).
At the drop down box that says Enable Trap Handling, select NO, then click the OK button. The error will still show up in the Windows event logs but won't generate an alert.
Richard Paradis

We have this same problem and have applied the above fix to stop the alerts, but it still requires a very time consuming restart of the SNMP agent on the clients to clear the alert in the manger. We recieve this error monthly and have been able to attribute it to the scanning of our systems by our IA folks using Retina. This may help others understand why they keep getting these errors with no known cause.

Kostantin Pavlidis
Occasional Advisor

Hello, this is an old topic, but we have been getting this error on ALL new Proliant DL 380 G7 (all with Win 2008R2) ~ roughly 10 servers.

Message              : Remote Insight Agent: The Remote Insight Board/Integrated Lights-Out has detected a controller interface error.

[SNMP TRAP: 9006 in CPQSM2.MIB]

We tried updating the Interface controller driver as well as the ILO FW to v 1.26, but this annoying issue still remains.

campanelli24
Frequent Visitor

We are getting that error too on alot of our new G7s. It is very persistant and it's always event ID 1111. I agree it's not the firmware or driver. Event ID 57 generates a similar alarm but that is fixed by updates.  No official fix that I have found but I will post it here if i find somthing. I get the feeling its a bug and is a false alarm.

TippaFew
Occasional Visitor

We have the same issue on a brand new DL380 G7 running version 1.26 of firmware. Hoping for a resolution soon.