StoreEver Tape Storage
1751687 Members
3871 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CB II / HP Colorado 8GB internal

CA908132

CB II / HP Colorado 8GB internal

When backing up files over a network, on several occasions CB II has simply stopped a random file. CB II doesn't seem to have frozen, merely stopped transferring data and backing up. CB II is running under Win98. Have tried re-installing, but problem comes up again. Any suggestions, advice?
3 REPLIES 3
Tim Martin_3
Valued Contributor

Re: CB II / HP Colorado 8GB internal

Stuart-
Nothing for sure but you might want to try the following:

1) Upgrade to the latest version of HP CB II that you can find, with V9.1 being the last version.

2) Perform some maintenance on your catalog by deleting older catalog entries and compacting the catalog.

I usually only make full backups or disaster recovery backups. I've seen some "hang ups" that went away after cleaning out catalog entries and compacting the catalog. At most, I only leave records of 3 or 4 backups in my catalog.

Tim
If it works, don't fix it!
CA908132

Please advise where I might get a more recent version of HP CB II.

Many thanks
Stuart
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Stuart,

I would not put Version 9.1 on your system even if you could find it.I have been working with these since the beginning and while that version worked OK in Windows Me it had some problems with other O/S's. In device manager, look at the speed settings of your tape drive and set the speed to low. This may resolve the issue for you.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"