108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clean me & semiloaded error on 72x6 Autoloader

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mohammed Hasan

Clean me & semiloaded error on 72x6 Autoloader

Hi,
I got a new 72x6 external autoloder and installed veritas for backup.Im getting clean me and semiloaded error on the lcd.i asked my vendor for a replacement as it was underwarranty and after he replaced the drive it worked fine on ntbackup and that too with a single tape in the slot.Again its back to same old problem.I ran cleaning cartridge many times but no use.I ran this test after i disabled the removal storage in the services.Attached is the result of the test from Hp library and tape tools.Awaiting for your support.Thanking you in advance.

Javid Hasan
Network Administrator
8 REPLIES 8
meloni
Honored Contributor
Solution

I saw two things in the sticket:

-you have not the jumpers as per default for Windows system

-you may have problem with your cartridges (the system have logged only activity on a DDS0 tape) I suggest you to try with a completely different set of tape, or with an old DDS4 tape if you have

I also had in the past some trouble with internal Autoloader, be careful not to use long screw to fix it in the server, these can interfere with internal mechanism
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Mohammed Hasan

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Have you gone thru the results of the Hp library and tape tools i attached in my message?The tapes i use are HP DAT 72 C8010A.I tried changing the jumpers but no use.Awaiting ur inputs.Thanks and regards.
meloni
Honored Contributor

I do not know if you have an internal or external device.
for external device you should select the "option switch" to 7
On the tape (under the autoloader set:
Default, and most PC systems
1 On
2 On
3 Off
4 On
5 On
6 On
7 On
8 On

I saw in the LTT that the tapes are not recognized, that is why I asked you to do a test with differents DDS cartridges.

Obvioulsy RSM should be stopped,and the backup application as well when you run test with LTT.

What I saw is that during the assesment test, the tape was never recognized as loaded. Or it hang before to reach the drive, or the drive is not able to recognize the tape inside.

My suggestions are:
1 try with differents cartridges, (or may be with a cleaning tape)
2 call hp for support and explain the problem (tape dat72 not recognized) and send them the sticket
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
Mohammed Hasan

Hi Marino,

Excellent.I managed to get a few dds-4 tapes and tried.It works fine.The problem is that it doesnt recognize DAT 72 cartridge.Shall i need to ask HP about this.I mentioned in my first post that they have already replaced once but the same errors comes on the LCD.Is it something related to some settings in the software or its an issue to be solved by HP.Any idea on this.Sorry, but i would like to admit that the first answer you gave was a MAGICAL one.
Cheers.Highly Appreciate your efforts.Have a nice day.

Javid Hasan
Network Admin
meloni
Honored Contributor

This cannot solved by the backup application, it should be solved by HP.
I suggest you to open a call with HP, ask to elevate the case and to refer to internal Document ID: c00605047
You will get assistance
Best Regards
Marino
Mohammed Hasan

Hi Marino,

Thanks for the reply.Could you tell me where i could have a look at the internal Document ID: c00605047 as per your suggestion.Please send me the link.I tried to search but couldnt get it.

Thanks
Javid Hasan
Mohammed Hasan

Hi Marino,

Any news on the document id you reffered me.Can you atleast tell me exactly what i need to tell the HP support regarding this problem of not recognising 72 DAT Tapes.

Regards
Javid Hasan
meloni
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I missed you previous request.
the document is not available on the web, it refer to some corner problem of particular situation, and this seems to match your case.
That is why I suggested you to contact HP support and tell them about this document, it may help HP support to solve your problem.

Marino