1751720 Members
4182 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Colorado 8GB Ext - No Backup Catalog

Ron Keckler
Occasional Contributor

Colorado 8GB Ext - No Backup Catalog

We replaced a broken 5GB ext w/an 8GB Ext. Recently, the computer it was originally installed on was replaced by a new computer. The old one was re-formatted. I installed the original 5GB CD on another computer & am using the 8GB Ext and it appears to work fine (am using both the 5GB and 8GB Travan tapes-both OS's were Win 95). However, it doesn't show the 'Backup Catalog' & when I tried to install the 'tapecat.exe' file (the downloads for the 5GB & 8GB appear to be identical), I get a "required DLL file: DBDAO3.DLL was not found" error. Another thing: the Tape Drive doesn't show up as a physical drive ('E:, etc.') even though it's recognized as 'HP TAPE' by the OS in the System Properties. This is not a major problem, but it did show up as an external device on the old computer and was easier to use when opening/modifying a 'fileset'. I'd like to restore the Tape Backup Catalog, but can't find this DLL. Can you advise which, if any, of the other downloads should be installed in order to restore the backup catalog? Or am I missing the boat entirely and need to upgrade the 5GB software to 8GB? It is connected to the parallel port of the computer and thru to a network printer (HP 5simx), if relevant. Thanks in advance for any help offered!