1748034 Members
5060 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Compatiblity for older DAT24 Tape Drive

CHRIS BREIDENBAUGH
Occasional Contributor

Compatiblity for older DAT24 Tape Drive

I have an older Surestore DAT24i Model C1555D Internal Tape Drive.  This drive was originally purcahsed in May of 2003.  The documentation is asking for a SCSI-2 or SCSI-3 compliant controller.

I'd like to use it on a new Server running Win Werver 2008 R2 (64 bit).  I have downloaded (but not yet installed) the HP_ltt411_win driver pack.  (It looks liike this is the correct driver pack.)

My issue though is which controller card to use.  Our reseller has recommended a U320 card.  Can anyone verify that this PCIe card will be compatible with the Surestore Dat 24 drive?   

3 REPLIES 3
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Re: Compatiblity for older DAT24 Tape Drive

Not knowing which server you have or which HBA, it's hard to know for sure.

That said, http://www.hp.com/go/connect is the place to go for all the tape drive connectivity questions ("Will this drive work with this server?   If so, which HBA do I need?").    The DAT 24 looks to have fallen off the list, but I found this link:  DAT 24  which had the following supported HBAs listed:

• 64-Bit/133-MHz Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter - 268351-B21
  • 64-Bit/66-MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter, Alternate OS - 284688-B21
  • 64-Bit/66-MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 - 3X-KZPEA-DB 
  • 32-Bit/33-MHz Single Channel Wide Ultra2 - 3X-KZPCA-AA 
  • 32-Bit/33-MHz Single Channel Wide Ultra2 - SN-KZPCA-AA
  • A4974A
  • C7474A
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
CHRIS BREIDENBAUGH
Occasional Contributor

The Server is a Dell T310.

I have no idea which HBA is installed at this point.

The DAT24 link went to a StorageWorks drive.  Do you think the driver will also work for a SureStore drive???

THX,

Chris

thomasr
Respected Contributor

Should work fine; I think that was just a branding thing thatcame with the HP/Compaq merger.

--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence