StoreEver Tape Storage
1753771 Members
5030 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DAT24x6 ejecting magazine.

Dan Flynn

DAT24x6 ejecting magazine.

I have a external dat24x6. Today I ejected the magazine to remove a tape and add another, as I usaully do on Tuesday's. Today, however, it will not accept the magazine when I replace it. It takes it in, does a Mag check, 6,5,4 and then unloads and flashes a #1. I have powered down the server and the drive and removed the cable from the drive and tried again. Same result. On the LCD the bottom left square is filled with a circle, the bottom right is a square with the circle open in the middle. There is also a square with DC in it displayed. The last few weeks it was doing kinda the same thing only eventually it would take the magazine after the second try. Any ideas??
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Technician 7
Frequent Advisor

Re: DAT24x6 ejecting magazine.

Hi dan

Seems like you have a hardware issue there. Have you tried a forced eject? Holding down the eject button for about 10 seconds whilst powering on your machine?

Thanks

Jeff
Dan Flynn

Tried your suggestion. Same result. I put the mag in and it spits it out with a falshing #1. Can you tell me what the "dc" square means. It is displayed in the middle of the LCD.
Jeff Technician 7
Frequent Advisor

Yeah sure, the DC stands for Data Compression... it just means that data compression is turned on.. i/e you can get upto 24 gig on the tape rather than the native 12gb figure...

Thanks

Jeff