StoreEver Tape Storage
1753788 Members
7375 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Colorado Backup II 5GB + Win 2000 Pro

Alan Brookstone

HP Colorado Backup II 5GB + Win 2000 Pro

I have a 5GB Colorado Backup II drive that I have tried to move from my old desktop (with Windows ME) to my office computer. When I try to load the software, the install software notifies me that the software is not compatible with the operating system (Win 2000 Pro).

When I checked the drivers and downloads on the HP site, it shows compatibility with Win 2000 Pro and provides a driver for the Backup II drive.

Can anyone tell me how I can install software for the Backup II drive so that I can retrieve my data off the tapes?

Thank you

Alan Brookstone
Dr. B.
10 REPLIES 10
Garry Wilson

Re: HP Colorado Backup II 5GB + Win 2000 Pro

I had the same problem when I upgraded my OS to NT2000. HP did have V9 of the backup software on this site last year, but it seems to have been removed. I have a copy on my hard drive, if you e-mail me directly, I'll zap it to you for you to install on your machine. P.S. - it has some nice new features, like being able to slow down the tape and making them more reliable!
BR697628

I'm interested because i have the same pb... how can i have your e-mail ?
BR697736

Have the same problem. If you find the solution, thank you for sending it to me at:
jmc@fastwebnet.it

Thanks a lot,
TOUJOURS PLUS LOIN
Alan Brookstone

Message for Garry Wilson - Thanks for the feedback. I cannot find your e-mail address. Please could you forward the file/application to me at alanbrookstone@telus.net

Thank you very much
Dr. B.
BR697628

i let my email as well ... thanks
informatique@microlide.com
Casutt

have also the same problem. please could you send it to me at "casutt.ag@bluewin.ch"
thanks a lot.
CA816081

I too have the same problem. Can someone email me the driver?
William J. Babcock

Alan,

Did you solve your problem? I have the same issue and would like to learn how to fix this problem.

I would appreciate it if you could help me out with this.

William Babcock
bbabcock@threestrategies.com
Teker

I am having the same peoblem, since I installed w2k an my machine. Can anyone mail me the 9.0 Version of Colorado II?
a.teker@cpu4you.net

thanks in advance

Ali Teker