4369 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Simple Trax

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jerry Silverthorn

HP Simple Trax

I want to back up a limited amount of my hard disk regularly, automatically over night.

Why when I select only a limited number of directories for protection does Simple Trax insist on backing up the entire system some 6 Gigabytes !! Blank CD ROMS might be cheap but not that cheap.

When run using the scheduler the software promts to confirm that the name of the cd rom should be used to index the files - not much good if you want it to run automatically. How can I supress this question.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from General to Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum Moderator

I hate computers
2 REPLIES 2
Marvin Loftis
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: HP Simple Trax

When using simpletrax and the scheduler there is not much you can do except back up the whole system and be there to insert the 14 disks that it requires or try some other backup software like backup exec.or just do it weekly or every other day as needed
what ya dont know wont hurt ya but it might yer puter
Jerry Silverthorn

Re: HP Simple Trax

Thanks Martin for your answer !

OK so I cant use HP Simple Trax at this time - so when will HP release a bug fix for this problem. It's a shame because otherwise it could be really usefull.

Still the other point about the prompt though.
I hate computers