1748269 Members
3482 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Ultrium NAS cannot read tape

rdanusn

HP Ultrium NAS cannot read tape

Good afternoon,

I hope to receive some assistance from this site. I am currently an active duty sailor in the Navy and my command currently has 2 NAS's that we use to store information and data. Recently, we've been attempting to do some backups but both have been failing. The tapes that are placed inside the tape drive go in fine, but when we attempt to run, the program (which is the HP Data Protector Express; I believe it's 4.0) the status alwasy says "device busy" So I was just seeing if anyone else was experiencing this error and if so, if there's a possible fix.

Some misx information

The tape light blinks "Ready" when tape is inserted. Stays green when turned on.

Used a cleaning tape.

The server is an HP Proliant DL385 G6 with a HP Storageworks (not sure if there's anything else to the name) tape drive.

Currently runnign Server 08 RS2 64-bit SP1

If anyone could be of assitance, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Very Respectully,

Richard.

1 REPLY 1
Rajat Bhargava
HPE Pro

Re: HP Ultrium NAS cannot read tape

Hey Richard...

just saw your post. Try and upgrade DPE from 4.0 to 6.0. DPE is now supported by Yosemite so you may want to visit their forums or call them up if possible !!!

Regards

Rajat Bhargava

Regards
Rajat_B
I am an HPE Employee