1745787 Members
3413 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP response - Colorados and XP

Stephen LaLuna

Re: HP response - Colorados and XP

John,

On Sept 19, you reported that there was progress in fixing the external device issue. We haven't heard from you in a while, is there anything new to report?
bollen
Frequent Advisor

John,

The problem in http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xe59a93e260b0d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html (HP T20i - Tape Recognition Problem) where HP SureStore tape drives are recognised by Windows 2000 but tapes in the drive are not, look a lot like the problems described here. Would the workaround in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q269600& work on Colorados too? Worth a try?

L8r, Henk
CA865058

I was told by email by an HP rep there is now no intention to provide a solution to this problem. We are working with windows XP and external 14G Colorado drive. Is it correct that there is and will not be any workable solution for this? Thank you.
CA816442
Advisor

Goodness, this is bad blood.

Come on John, if we are <>, then provide us with an rma# so we can return in our units for replacements with models which work.

This is not good.

I affect the purchase of hardware by many corporations. If this is treated by ignoring us, then it will not just affect my willingness to recommend HP Tapes, but ANY HP product... printers, scanners, cameras, tape, the gammet.

-Ric

<>
...like a rolling stone
CA17275

I agree, John. We need an honest answer - now. If HP is going to do something, when should we expect it? If they have decided to do nothing, we need to know that!

I've been waiting MONTHS to make a decision about PC backups. We've recently acquired a number of WIN XP machines, and now have no way to perform back ups, since our external Colorado 5GB doesn't work with them. It's getting critical that I do something!

If the fix is "just around the corner", I can wait a bit more. If not, however, I need to know that so I can buy another back up solution.

-dll
CA174575
Occasional Advisor

MB John is not around anymore?
With all the cuts that HP/Compaq has gone through since the merger, perhaps he has moved on too.
His last post was 9/19. Sometimes, no response has to be interpreted in the negative. If I were you guys, I'd consider moving on. Backup solutions are too important to hold off this long without resolution.

This is not the only company where cutbacks have resulted in poor service response. But, in all fairness to John and others, if indeed he is still around, these forums were not intended to be a service venue, but a means for customers like us to share information. (and vent!)
Anyway, my 2 cents.
Darryle Wheatcroft
Frequent Advisor

Unless I am losing it, John did put a response up on this thread a day or two ago - and I am surprised to look today and it is no longer here. As I recall the content was similar to his 9/19 post.

The real crunch is the hundreds of dollars I have invested in tape media that seem headed for the dust bin.

CA816442
Advisor

You hit it right on !

I'd abandon the physical drive, but I have an emense investment is that media that cannot be detected.

This may be a technical forum... but when technological solutions fail to be made available, we need a brute force solution- a tape unit replacement.

-Ric
...like a rolling stone
BR701955
Occasional Advisor

It is a shame that there is still no support available for the Colorado 5 GBe.

The same goes for my HP Photosmart printer (first model) that is also still left unsupported.

I know need to install dual boot installations to be able to use all my hardware... not a very elegant solution, but it works....

:-(
- - - may the source be with you - - -
CA756694
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I haven't responded recently here (or done much on the forums at all for ages) there has been a bit of re-organisation here. That means I'll be moving away to something else shortly.

However, I want to try and get this problem resolved before I do so.

We are, as I write, still looking at this issue.

I may need to gather some more information on systems that can't make these drives work.
Some of you I have already spoken to in the past, but if anyone else wants to volunteer a bit of their time to exchange some email with me then post your address here.

HP isn't asking you to solve our problems but if you help then we can hopefully get to a solution faster.

cheers

John
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines